Proper staging of the interior and exterior of any property can really improve the look of your delivered photos and videos. I've compiled some of these easy tips to help make sure you get the absolute most out of your photo or video session.
- Move cars from the driveway or away from the front of the home / into the garage.
- Clean up the landscape, including children's toys, leaves, weeds, branches, etc.
- Hide any water hose or other garden equipment.
- Remove the pool cover and skim the pool if you have one.
- Move garbage cans to the garage or a shed.
- Remove barbecue cover and clean any patio furniture.
- Keep pets out of the area to be photographed and hide their food and water bowls, litter boxes, etc.
- Keep any shoes or jackets away in a closet.
- Take any personal photos down for your own privacy.
- Minimize any clutter from desks, shelves, tables, etc.
- Turn on all the lights in the house.
- Check all light bulbs to make sure they are working.
- Clean, sweep and mop the house whenever possible.
- Hide all garbage cans.
- Clear fridge of magnets, photos, papers, etc
- Keep toilet seats down.
- Hide plungers, toothbrushes, and shower products.
- Make the beds
- Hide personal items from nightstands, any other expensive items
Remember that the more items there are in a scene, the more distracting the scene becomes, and we want viewers to focus on the layout of a property, and the materials its made of, so a minimalist approach to staging shows a property in the best way possible..